This Salsa Picante recipe will quickly become your new go-to favorite homemade salsa recipe, whether you serve it on tacos or with chips. This topping or dip is delicious, thanks to the combination of fresh vegetables, chilies, and herbs.
FRESH SALSA PICANTE
- nonreactive bowl
- 5 Roma tomatoes coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup minced green bell peppers
- 2 jalapeno or other small green chiles seeded and coarsely chopped
- 6 medium garlic cloves minced
- 3 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Fresh-ground black pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in nonreactive bowl. Cover and let marinate refrigerated 12 hours. (Fresh salsa can be refrigerated 4 to 5 days.)
Salsa Picante Snacks
Baked Tortilla Chips
Serve Fresh Salsa Picante (Recipe Above) with these low-fat chips.
- 4 large corn tortillas
- Lightly coat one side of each tortilla with olive oil-flavored no-stick cooking spray.
- Using scissors, cut each tortilla into 8 wedges.
- Place sprayed side up on the baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes or until crisp. Serve immediately.
- Makes 4 servings.