Lemon Verbena, What is it?, it is an herbal medicine used to treat asthma, colds, fever, gas, stomach upset, and diarrhea (loose stools).
Other names for Lemon Verbena include Aloysia triphylla, Aloysia citriodora, Lippia citriodora, Verbena citriodora, and Verbena triphylla.
Ask your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist if you need more information about this medicine.
Before Using Lemon Verbena:
Tell your doctor if you …
* are taking medicine or are allergic to any medicine (prescription or over-the-counter (OTC) or dietary supplement)
* are pregnant or plan to become pregnant while using this medicine
* are breastfeeding
* have kidney problems
* Have any other health problems, such as high blood pressure or heart or blood vessel disease
Dosage: Talk with your caregiver about how much Lemon Verbena you should take. The amount depends on the strength of the medicine and the reason you are taking Lemon Verbena.
If you are using this medicine without instructions from your caregiver, follow the directions on the medicine bottle.
Please do not take more medicine or take it more often than the directions tell you to.
To store this medicine: Keep all medicine locked up and away from children. Store medicine away from heat and direct light.
Do not store your medicine in the bathroom, near the kitchen sink, or in other damp places.
Heat or moisture may cause the medicine to break down and not work the way it should work.
Throw away medicine that is out of date or that you do not need. Never share your medicine with others.
* Before taking Lemon Verbena, tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
* Do not take if you have kidney problems (2)
Side Effects: Stop taking your medicine right away and talk to your doctor if you have any of the following side effects. Your medicine may be causing these symptoms, which may mean you are allergic to it.
* Breathing problems or tightness in your throat or chest
* Skin hives, rash, or itchy or swollen skin
Other Possible Side Effects: This medicine may also cause other side effects. Tell your doctor if you have side effects that you think are caused by this medicine.