You might have just acquired your home or considered DIY repairs and maintenance to save money. But whatever the case, having a basic toolkit will be beneficial. We’ve compiled a list of essentials for the typical homeowner.
Although it’s unnecessary, invest in high-quality tools because they’ll work better and last longer.
What should be in your basic toolkit box is as follows:
Hammer – A 16-ounce, rubber-grip claw hammer with a fiberglass frame is the most adaptable. It’s comfortable in your palm and easy to pull out nails with.
2.Screwdrivers – Without a Philips screwdriver with its distinctive crosshead tip and a flat-head screwdriver, which can be used for everything from fixing electrical faceplates to removing paint can lid, no toolbox would be complete.
3. A cordless drill – This battery-operated device can replace the screwdriver. IKEA furniture requires very little time to assemble; compared to a conventional screwdriver, it’s far faster and more effective.
4. Pliers – Get locking pliers (also known as vise grips) with “jaws” that change to the right size for gripping bolts and fittings and needle-nose pliers, which can cut and bend wire and reach into awkward places.
6. Utility knife – Choose a blade that retracts and integrates storage. The blade must retract so you won’t get cut when you reach inside your tool bag. It can also rip through drywall, break up old carpets, and slice open cardboard boxes.
9. Chisel – A masonry chisel is required for tasks like cracking bricks and removing broken tiling, whereas a wood chisel is used to trim off wood from doors for hinges. The most adaptable chisels have a width of one to two inches.
13. Duct tape – What could be disliked about duct tape? You can reassemble your car with it! For domestic use, the strong tape can reinforce windows during a severe storm or stop a leak in a water hose.
14. Light source – When you come upon a dark attic, crawl space, or other location requiring more light, you’ll be happy to have this in your toolbox. The article suggests using an LED flashlight. It’s pretty bright and has a low battery drain.
STRENGTH AND DURABILITY: An all-time classic and favorite for automotive, industrial and MRO applications, the Raven 7 Mil Powder-Free Nitrile Gloves outperform the competition with their superior chemical resistance, puncture resistance, and dexterity. Whether working on a car engine, painting, or fixing a plumbing problem, these no-latex nitrile gloves will help get you through your task.
SUPERIOR LATEX-FREE NITRILE: Perfect for cleaning, food service, and many kinds of MRO, the Raven Disposable Gloves are made of latex-free, allergenic, powder-free nitrile which is known to be 3x-5x more puncture resistant than latex and strong enough to even protect from blood-born pathogens—making nitrile the preferred exam glove choice in the healthcare industry as well.
BUILT FOR TOUGH JOBS: The Raven Powder-Free Black Nitrile Gloves are 7 millimeters thick for premium hand protection and textured for enhanced gripping power to confidently last through even the toughest jobs—from maintenance, industrial, and janitorial to automotive, refinishing, and machining.
SANITARY SINGLE-USE GLOVES: SAS prioritizes safety above all else, and we designed the Raven Series with hygiene in mind. Crafted with superior proprietary materials, these go-to single-use, disposable, ambidextrous nitrile gloves are available in an economic box of 100 count for ultimate worry-free sanitation.
WHEN PROTECTION COUNTS: At SAS Safety Corp., we dedicate ourselves to protect our most valuable resource: people. Our expansive product line of powder-free gloves in nitrile, chloroprene, and latex offers exceptional protection for professionals, multi-markets, and the DIYer across the spectrum of environments and industries.
Gloves are essential for moving large, sharp objects, working with masonry or cement, or performing other heavy-duty tasks.
15. Toolkit box – Experts suggest a portable, tough tool bag to store the equipment rather than a rigid box. It can expand like a suitcase and accommodate additional items. If it doesn’t fit in a toolbox, it doesn’t fit; look for a tool bag with pockets and compartments on both the inside and the outside.
There won’t be enough room in one bag to carry everything you need, so it would be best to keep a backup bag nearby.
13 INCH TOOLBOX - Designed to be strong and sturdy with a removable inner top tray, this durable plastic toolbox is ideal for storing and organizing everything you need to hand, from tools to hardware and fixing, tackle and bait, hobby or craft supplies.
DOUBLE LATCH CLOSURE - Keeping your tools safe and organized is of utmost priority, which is why we have featured a double latch closure on the Goodyear toolbox. This easy to open and close closure keeps your tools firmly closed away when not in use.
DURABLE QUALITY PLASTIC - Our toolbox is a piece of your tool kit that will be well used, which is why we have used only durable quality plastic in the manufacturing process. This compact toolbox is the perfect size for organizing your most tools.
REMOVABLE INNER TRAY - Inside this toolbox there is a removable top tray which slots perfectly into the top section of the box. This tray is used for holding smaller items such as screws, nails, bolts, rubber bands, beads, craft supplies, hooks and more.
EASY GRAB CARRY HANDLE – having your toolbox ready and prepared for your next DIY or home improvement job is key and we know that our customers love to just ‘grab and go!’ Now you can effortlessly take your toolbox with you everywhere.