- One lb cod fillets, rinsed and pat dry
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- One tablespoon fresh lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Three dashes of cayenne pepper
- One 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- One tablespoon chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Arrange the cod fillets in the cooking paper tray.
- Drizzle the olive oil onto the fish, stick with lemon juice, cayenne, and salt pepper.
- Bake the cod inside the oven for ten-twelve minutes, which depends on the cod’s thickness.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately
Baked Cod with Tomatoes & Basil
Many people find it’s a hectic time, coronavirus, and all the fuss.
I understand how busy this week could be, so I needed to share a quick and simple recipe healthy.
Easy Baked Cod with tomatoes, basil, garlic, and lemon.
It takes approximately 5 10 minutes of prep before choosing the oven to bake for fifteen minutes. And so easy!
If You have it, it is best to use thick pieces of Cod, Inch, or even thicker will go along with the time needed to cook tomatoes.
You may also use other varieties of fish, should you chose so.
- Three tablespoons of olive oil
- Two cups of grape or cherry tomatoes
- one 1/4 lb cod fillets 4 6 pieces (One inch thick or perhaps more)
- salt, pepper, and chili flakes to taste
- One lemon – zest (set aside) and slices
- Three garlic cloves rough chopped
- 1/4 cup basil leaves torn
Preheat oven to 400
Add the lemon slices and tomatoes, toss. Scoot to one side.
Dab the fish dry and put in the baking container, and using tongs, flip to coat each side of the fish with oil.
Disperse out the garlic tomato mixture and put it in the fish.
Tomatoes should be on the sides, lemons beneath—spice all abundantly with pepper, salt, and chili flakes.
Simmer for ten minutes. Shake the Pan, scrambling the tomatoes a bit. Sprinkle with lemon seasoning.
Bake 5 more minutes or as long as fish is cooked to your preference.
When finished, add the shred basil leaves, flipping them with the warm tomatoes with tongs, so the basil withers slightly.
Finally, deck each piece of fish with a melted basil leaf.
Leftovers are good for up to three days.
Fish meals are always popular due to the nutritive benefits of having OMEGA 3 fatty acids and vitamin D.
Though, be sure to buy your fish fresh and from known sources.