Best Robot Vacuum Cleaners 2022
The days of spending hours vacuuming your home are over. Allow one of these robot vacuums to do the heavy lifting while you relax.
Vacuuming is one of those tedious household tasks that require constant attention. Whether it’s spilled crisps from the kids, pet fur from the dog, or general grime from everyday life, the floors constantly need thorough vacuuming.
The difficulty is that between work and other family and social responsibilities, it’s challenging to find the time to keep your home’s floors immaculate at all times – even more so when an unforeseen and accidental mess is made.
If there is a mess or dirt underneath a piece of furniture, you will likely attempt to vacuum it down – which means either moving the furniture or allowing the mess to persist.
Neither of those options is appealing and may not be feasible if the piece of furniture in question is large or complicated.
That is where a robot vacuum cleaner enters and answers your prayers.
It’s an impressive device that vacuums for you at the touch of a button. You are not required to perform any manual labor.
Indeed, you can kick back and enjoy some well-deserved downtime while your new favorite gadget works its magic, and in just a few minutes, you’ll have dust-free floors or feathery rugs.
How Do Robot Vacuum Cleaners Operate?
As with any gadget, the way a robot vacuum works depends entirely on the model you choose.
However, they are all generally controlled by you via an app. They have internal sensors that detect where the mess needs to be cleaned and also notice the location of your walls, stairs, or furniture to rule out any mishaps that could damage your home or the tool itself.
They all have brushes underneath and suction force to collect debris, similar to a conventional vacuum cleaner, including internal bins to collect such debris.
Unlike traditional vacuum cleaners, they are cable-free, which means they are not restricted by the location of the adjacent plug socket.
Additionally, they are slimline in design, allowing them to fit beneath most pieces of furniture for a genuinely comprehensive clean.
Each one has its charging base, which the system recognizes and returns to once it is finished cleaning.
Many have additional features, such as voice control via your Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa smart speaker. Still, you’ll need to read the specifics of each model to ensure you understand what you’re getting.
Numerous models also allow you to program various features from within the combined app, so you can, for example, instruct the robot to clean at specific times of the day – even when you are not home.
Unfortunately, robot vacuums lack established legs that enable them to walk upstairs, so you will need to transport them between levels of your home manually.
Neither have they developed arms to perform simultaneous dusting and vacuuming, but who knows what might be designed shortly?
For now, we’re content with a fantastic gadget that eliminates one weekly household chore from our list.
Here is the list of the 3 Best robot vacuum cleaners 2022 available for purchase that We have tested.
- Self-cleaning features
- Value 5/5
This vacuum claims to support you to forget about cleaning the floors yourself for up to a month due to its capability – now doesn’t that sound fantastic?
It arrives furnished with an XL HEPA self-empty base, bagless 60-day capacity, LIDAR navigation, and a home plan.
This means, employing the combined app, you can instruct this vacuum on which sections of your house to go to and in what order.
When it’s completed, it will come back home to its base, where it will then naturally unload its contents into its bin.
The slight disadvantage of this is that it takes up more space than some alternative models, but as long as you have the capacity for it, we think this is worth the money because of how little you have to do to get a clean home.
Thanks to its ultra-clean approach, it can deal with even the grimiest of areas with ease, and its no tangle brush makes it excellent for homes with pets where there’s expected to be a lot of excess fur on the floor.
- Convenience of use
- Value 4.5/5
This robot vacuum cleaner from market leader Roomba utilizes air power to provide a more thorough clean. It will easily navigate an entire level of your home, tracking its location and recharging as needed until the job is complete, requiring little effort on your part to achieve a gleaming home.
You can also tell your robot to clean using the enhanced iRobot Home app or your Google or Alexa voice assistant.
Additionally, the app allows you to create enhanced maps of your home and customize cleaning routines.
The box includes:
- Two dual-mode virtual wall barriers (batteries included).
- A high-efficiency filter.
- An additional side brush.
- A docking station for the best overall clean while safeguarding your valuables.
Additionally, the tangle-free extractors eliminate hair and debris jams.
About this item
- CLEANS UP AFTER YOU, AND ITSELF – Forget about vacuuming for months at a time with the Clean Base Automatic Dirt Disposal that allows the s9 to empty itself for up to 60 days.
- OUR MOST ADVANCED CLEAN – You—and your home—deserve the best. With groundbreaking technology and a sophisticated design, the s9 is our smartest, most powerful robot vacuum yet.
- DEEPEST CLEAN – With 40x the suction power, the superior 3-Stage Cleaning System lifts, loosens, then eliminates debris and pet hair from deep within your carpets. Automatically increases suction to clean even deeper with power boost technology.
- DETAILED POWERFUL CLEAN – PerfectEdge Technology with advanced sensors and a specially designed Corner Brush optimize cleaning deep into corners and along edges. Ideal for homes with pets. 30% wider Dual Rubber Brushes don’t get tangled with pet hair.
- GUIDED BY SERIOUS SMARTS – With vSLAM navigation, the s9 learns the layout of your home and builds personal Smart Maps, enabling it to expertly clean and navigate in neat, efficient rows. Careful Drive Mode detects objects in its path and cleans around them without jostling or nudging. Objects taller than 2.5 cm
- VACUUMS MESSES IN THE MOMENT – Cleaning crumbs is now as easy as “Roomba, clean under the kitchen table.” A simple request to your voice assistant or via the iRobot Home app enables the s9 to clean messes for you, right when they happen.
- COMPLETE CONTROL OF YOUR CLEAN – With Smart Mapping, your robot knows your kitchen from your living room, so you can decide where it cleans and when. And with Keep Out Zones, your robot knows to avoid sensitive areas like pet bowls or play areas.
- Budget-friendly option
- Value 4.5/5
This is the machine for you if you’re on a budget. While it is significantly less expensive than some of the other models on the market, it still performs all of the functions expected of a robot vacuum.
It features 1500Pa suction, which easily lifts dirt from floors and carpets, and despite its powerful suction, it is a very quiet machine, which is ideal if you work from home and need to attend an unexpected meeting.
Additionally, it is only 2.7″ thick, allowing it to easily and thoroughly clean the area beneath all of your furniture.
It features a variety of cleaning modes, including auto, scheduling, spot, edge, single room, and max, which you can switch between via the associated app to accommodate varying levels of dirt and floor types.
It can clean continuously for 100 minutes before needing to be recharged at its base.
At less than 210$, you can’t go wrong with this.
Best Corded Upright Vacuum Cleaner
According to our testing, the Shark Rotator Lift-Away ADV is the best Shark vacuum for bare floors.
This corded upright is excellent at removing pet hair and small and bulky debris from bare, even surfaces such as hardwood or tile floors.
Suction performance remains stable as the dirt compartment fills up, so you shouldn’t have to empty it very frequently.
Its floorhead has two suction power settings and two surface modes, which is advantageous if you need to clean any small rugs or carpets.
The vacuum’s onboard HEPA filter traps allergens as you clean, and because both it and the pre-motor filter are washable and reusable, you shouldn’t have to worry about recurring costs.
The ‘Lift-Away’ design of this vacuum allows you to pick up and carry it while cleaning hard-to-reach areas with the wand and attachments, which include a miniature turbo brush and a soft-bristle dusting brush.
Unfortunately, the bulky design of this vacuum makes it difficult to maneuver in tight spaces, so if maneuverability is a priority, you may want to consider a cordless option like the Shark Vertex Lightweight Cordless.
Additionally, because the Rotator ADV’s floorhead lacks an on/off switch for the twin brushrolls, it can occasionally become stuck on loose obstructions such as rug tassels if the head is not set to a sufficient height.
Additionally, some components of its primarily plastic construction, such as the clear plastic dustbin, feel a little fragile, though the vacuum as a whole feels reasonably well-made.