Social media has been flooded with mouth-watering videos in recent days, and Feta Pasta recipes have taken over TikTok.
After a TikTok trend inspired people to try feta pasta, the delicious dish has grown in popularity.
Since a Finnish blogger introduced baked feta pasta to the world, it has been around for several years.
Several social media food gurus have tried it since then.
This has left cheese fans drooling and inspired them to rush to the supermarket cheese aisle.
Making your feta pasta has been described as straightforward and delicious by people who have tried it.
Twitter user wrote: “The TikTok feta pasta thing – 10/10 recommend.”
“I made the viral feta pasta recipe, and it was great,” said another.
The best way to make feta pasta
To make your feta pasta at home, you will need just a few common household ingredients.
Feta Pasta Recipe – Turkish Manti Vegetarian Variation
Pasta with caramelised onions,feta and yogurt - Turkish manti variation
- heavy-based pan
- small saucepan
- 425 g onions about 4 medium ones, very finely sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 cm piece cinnamon stick
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 tsp sugar optional
- 145 g tagliatelle
- 50 g Greek yogurt
- 1½ tbsp milk or buttermilk
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 15 g butter
- ¼ tsp ground cayenne
- Finely crumbled feta to serve
- Put the onions in a heavy-based pan with the olive oil, bay and cinnamon. Cook over a medium heat, stirring the onions, until they are starting to turn golden, then add the garlic and cook for a further two minutes.
- Add a splash of water, cover the pan, turn the heat right down and leave until the onions are almost caramelised, about 35 minutes. Check on them every so often to ensure they’re not getting too dry.
- When the onions are totally soft, remove the lid, season and boil until any excess liquid is evaporated. (If they haven’t caramelised very well you could add a teaspoon of sugar at this stage, but balance it by adding a good squeeze of lemon.)
- Cook the tagliatelle until al dente, about 15 minutes.
- When the pasta is almost ready add the yogurt and milk or buttermilk to the onions and heat through but don’t boil. Drain the pasta and toss it into the pot with the onions, adding the dill.
- Very quickly melt the butter in a small saucepan and add the cayenne. Cook for about 20 seconds.
- Serve the pasta with the spiced butter drizzled on top and offer finely crumbled feta on the side.