Welcome to Garden Frontier, where we are passionate about sharing tasty recipes and cooking ideas to help you fill your home with delicious meals.
Today, we are excited to share our Mexican Rigatoni with Cheese recipe, loaded with flavorful chorizo meat and seasoned with garlic powder and chopped fresh cilantro.
To prepare this dish, cook pasta according to package directions and set aside. In the same skillet, cook chorizo until browned; add butter, whisk in milk, and combine with a rinsed sour cream mixture. Cook till thick, and then spoon mixture over the pasta.
Sprinkle with shredded cheese and bake in a preheated oven to desired instructions. Serve with salsa, lime slices, and a sprinkle of chopped fresh cilantro.
This loaded meal will surely please your family and is perfect for any weeknight dinner plan. And for those with dietary restrictions, this dish is also high in fiber. Don’t forget to enjoy the cooking experience and the satisfaction of a well-made meal! Nutrition facts
This dish is perfect for a winter night or when you crave comfort food. So let’s get started!
Mexican Rigatoni with Cheese
Mexican Rigatoni With Cheese
- 1 baking dish
- 1 large bowl
- 1 large skillet
- 1 medium saucepan
- 1 can Nonstick Cooking Spray
- 12 oz dried rigatoni pasta 4 cups
- 8 oz uncooked chorizo sausage
- 1/2 Cup chopped onion 1 medium
- 1 piece medium fresh poblano chile pepper
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cup shredded asadero or Monterey Jack cheese 8 oz
- 1 Can black beans, rinsed and drained 15 oz
- 1 chopped cilantro
- 1 pico de Gallo
- Set the oven to 350°F. Spray cooking spray in a 3-quart rectangle baking dish and set aside. Drain pasta after cooking according the directions on the package. Put the spaghetti in a huge bowl and reserve.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook sausage, onion, and poblano pepper over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until onion is tender and sausage is browned. Drain off fat. Add chorizo mixture to bowl with pasta.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cumin, chili powder, and flour are whisked in. For two minutes, cook and stir. Add milk while whisking.Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low. Add cheese; stir until cheese melts. Pour over pasta in bowl. Put black beans in. To blend, stir. Pasta mixture should be spooned into the dish..
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, uncovered, or until well cooked (160°F). Add fresh cilantro that has been chopped, if preferred. Use Pico de Gallo to garnish each plate.