Do you want to upgrade your toilet and make it more comfortable, hygienic, and environmentally friendly? If so, you might consider installing a bidet converter kit.
A bidet converter kit is an attachment that connects to your existing toilet and adds a spray nozzle for personal cleansing. It is a cost-effective, easy-to-install, and space-saving alternative to a standalone bidet.
This article will review the best bidet converter kits available today and help you choose the right one for your needs and preferences. We will compare features, benefits, and drawbacks and provide tips for installation and maintenance.
What is a Bidet Converter Kit?
A bidet converter kit is a device that attaches to your toilet and enables it to function as a bidet. It typically includes a water supply hose, a valve, a spray nozzle, a T-adapter, and a control knob. Some kits also come with a warm water tank, a heated seat, a dryer, or other features.
A bidet converter kit is an excellent solution for those who want to enjoy the benefits of a bidet without having to replace their entire toilet. It is also a good option for renters or travelers who cannot permanently modify their bathroom.
What Are The Different Types of Bidet Kits?
- Portable Bidet Kits: These kits are small and portable and can be placed directly on the toilet seat. They are ideal for those who do not want to install a permanent bidet in their bathroom.
- Toilet Seat Bidet Kits: These kits replace the existing toilet seat and provide a built-in bidet system. They are easy to install and are a good choice for those who want a permanent solution.
- Bidet Attachment Kits: These kits attach directly to the toilet and provide a separate nozzle for cleaning. They are simple to install and can be removed easily if needed.
- Handheld Bidet Kits: These kits come with a handheld nozzle and a mounting bracket and provide a convenient cleaning solution.
- Electric Bidet Kits: These powered kits offer heated seats, adjustable water temperature, and different spray patterns.
Each bidet kit type offers unique benefits and features, so you must consider your specific needs and preferences before choosing the right one for your home.
Benefits of a Bidet Converter Kit
There are several benefits of using a bidet converter kit. Here are a few:
- Enhanced hygiene: Bidets promote personal cleanliness and reduce the use of toilet paper, which can cause irritation, infection, and waste.
- Increased comfort: Bidets provide a gentle and soothing stream of water that can relieve discomfort, reduce inflammation, and improve skin health.
- Environmental sustainability: Bidets reduce the consumption of toilet paper, which is made from trees, requires water and energy to manufacture, and contributes to landfill waste.
- Cost savings: Bidets can save you money in the long run by reducing your need for toilet paper, which can add up over time.
- Water savings: Bidets conserve water by using a small amount of water for each use instead of flushing the toilet multiple times with a large volume of water.
How to Choose the Best Bidet Converter Kit
When choosing the best bidet converter kit, consider the following factors:
- Compatibility: Ensure the kit is compatible with your toilet model and water supply system. Some kits are designed for specific types of toilets, such as one-piece or two-piece, round or elongated, and so on. Some kits also require a hot water supply, which not all homes have.
- Features: Decide what features are important to you, such as water pressure and temperature control, nozzle adjustment, etc. Some kits offer more advanced features, such as a warm water tank, heated seat, dryer, and more.
- Installation: Consider how easy the kit is to install. Some kits require plumbing skills and tools, while others are more straightforward and can be done with essential tools and no plumbing experience.
- Price: Bidet converter kits vary in price depending on their features and quality. Set a budget and compare different options to find the best value for your money.
Bidet attachments can range from basic, low-cost models to more advanced, high-end options, so it’s essential to consider your budget when selecting a bidet attachment.
Different bidet attachments offer additional features, such as adjustable water pressure, temperature, and other nozzle options. When choosing a bidet attachment, you must consider what features are important to you.
Ease of installation
While many bidet attachments are designed to be easy to install, some may require more technical skills or special tools. When choosing a bidet attachment, it’s important to consider the difficulty of installation and whether you feel comfortable installing the attachment yourself or if you need to hire a professional.
When choosing a bidet attachment, it’s important to consider the reputation of the brand and the quality of its products. Consider reading online reviews and comparing different brands to find a high-quality bidet attachment that is right for you.
In conclusion, the best bidet attachment will vary based on your personal needs and preferences. Considering these key factors, you can find the perfect bidet attachment that meets your needs and enhances your bathroom experience.
Here Are The Best Bidet converter Kits We Tested
- Top bidet overall: TOTO SW3036#01 K300 Electronic Bidet Toilet
- Top bidet for individual water flow control: Omigo Luxury Bidet Toilet Seat Ergo
- Ultimate high-end bidet: Bio Bidet BB2000 Round White Smart
- Best bargain bidet: Brondell LE99 Swash Electronic Bidet Seat
- Top non-electric bidet: TUSHY Warm Water 3.0 Spa Bidet Toilet Seat
Overall, the greatest bidet toilet seat, TOTO SW3036#01 K300 Electronic Bidet Toilet, has all the standard high-end features, including a warm air dryer and an easy-to-use remote, for an affordable price.
Intense water pressure, water warmed to 97 degrees in our evaluations, user-friendly design, heated seat, warm air dryer, adjustable nozzle settings for front and backwashes, and simple installation are all positive features.
Cons: The remote does not pair with the seat automatically, and the guarantee is only good for one year.
The TOTO SW3036#01 K300 Electronic Bidet is one of the three TOTO bidets evaluated for this guide, and it scored the highest grades in every category except warranty.
It only comes with the standard one-year warranty, although a few other products in our guide offer more extended warranties.
In my experiments, the TOTO SW3036#01 K300 boiled water to a pleasant 97 degrees Fahrenheit and generated adequate pressure for complete cleaning. In addition, there are four temperature settings and three pressure levels to customize the water flow to your specifications.
The remote control’s fundamental features are straightforward, but I was a little upset that it did not automatically couple with the seat when I turned it on.
This step required a reference to the user handbook, but making the connection was straightforward after following the instructions.
My toilet seat fits properly and stays in place. I enjoyed the seat is wider than average because I have a larger posterior. The seat’s cover was additionally supportive and comfy for sitting.
TOTO SW3036#01 K300 has the most features you would expect from a premium bidet toilet seat. The dryer has four heat settings and becomes sufficiently hot.
It effectively dries after washing, reducing the need for toilet paper. It also has four levels of seat heating, with temperatures reaching 106 degrees Fahrenheit, or you can turn it off to conserve electricity.
The TOTO K300 also features three pre-programmed cleaning modes: basic, energetic, and soothing. Basic is intended for general application.
The active mode circulates the water stream for a more thorough cleaning, and the relaxing mode provides a more gentle touch.
The most fantastic bidet toilet seat for individualized water flow regulation. You may adjust the nozzle’s location, pressure, and spray width on the Omigo Luxury Bidet Toilet Seat Ergo to fit your specific demands.
Pros: Three-year warranty, three spray width options, seven nozzle locations for front and back, user-friendly remote controller, powerful pressure, and straightforward installation
Cons: The lid is uncomfortable to sit on, and it requires a nearby outlet or an extension cord to operate (as is the case with any electric unit)
Adjustable spray width distinguishes the Omigo Luxury Bidet Toilet Seat Ergo from other bidets in our guide. You can choose between three settings, ranging from a focused clean to a comprehensive wash.
Additionally, like with all bidet seats, the water pressure can be adjusted and gets rather intense. The Omigo Luxury has seven nozzle locations in the rear and front, which is more than the majority of electric seats. Optionally, you may opt to have the nozzle oscillate.
The user-friendly remote, various features and general design remind me of my former favorite bidet, the Brondell Swash 1400, which several strong competitors, including other Brondell models, have since eclipsed.
The Omigo Luxury is approximately $65 less expensive than the Swash 1400, yet it performed better in my tests for heating water. I also saw that the heated seat and air dryer were adequately warm.
The Omigo Luxury has an exceptional three-year warranty so that you can rely on its durability. In addition, the installation was effortless, and the seat fit my bowl precisely and remained in place.
The design of the lid is the most significant drawback for me. It has a weight limit of 270 pounds and is so tilted forward that it is uncomfortable to sit on.
The seat is comfortable and has a weight capability of 330 pounds, however, you should not sit on the lid while cutting your toenails or conducting other duties.
The best affordable bidet, Brondell LE99 Swash Electronic Bidet Seat, boasts numerous premium features, such as warm water cleansing, hot air drying, and a heated seat, without a premium price.
Pros: Water temperature reaches 101 degrees Fahrenheit, heated seat, warm air drying, and five front and rear nozzle positions are all advantages.
Cons: the pressure could have been more substantial, there is no control, and the lid is uncomfortable to sit on.
I’ve tested a half-dozen Brondell bidets over the years, and the Swash 1400 was my primary bidet for many years. However, during testing, the LE99 Swash Electronic Bidet Seat performed nearly as well for less than half the price.
In my experiments, the water reached a temperature of 101 degrees Fahrenheit, which was extremely impressive.
The heated seat and air dryer also attained elevated temperatures. Additionally, multiple comfort settings allow you to choose lower temperatures or even Eco Mode, balancing electricity use and comfort.
Installation should take less than a quarter of an hour, and all you need is a flathead screwdriver, though you may also need a wrench.
I appreciated how well the seat fit my toilet bowl without any movement, and I loved how it looked on my toilet. However, the lid tilts forward and is not ideal for prolonged sitting.
Aside from a few specific settings, the controls are easy to operate, but I don’t particularly appreciate that they are mounted on the seat so that you must turn to the right to see them.
No remote controller is present. This could pose a concern for those with mobility issues.
The only drawback I discovered was that I would have liked better water pressure, as I prefer it to be stronger. The LE99 will meet the requirements of the vast majority of individuals. Individuals with more sensitivity will like the milder end of the five available pressure settings.
The most effective non-electric bidet, The Tushy Spa Premium Warm Water Bidet Attachment, is a fashionable and versatile alternative if you don’t have an electrical outlet near your toilet or want to experience a bidet before investing more money.
Pros: Does not require energy; water becomes as hot as your water heater can provide; intense pressure; nearly unlimited nozzle locations; nine color variations.
Cons: It is simple for children to spray water everywhere, and there are no premium features like a heated seat, dryer, or nightlight.
In general, non-electric bidets are inferior to their electric counterparts. However, there are benefits associated with non-electric attachments.
I believe that the Tushy Spa Premium Warm Water Bidet Attachment possesses all of the outstanding characteristics of the battery-operated models.
The attachment’s hose attaches to the hot water inlet beneath the sink. After placing the hose, it may be necessary to tape it to the floor to prevent tripping.
Since you utilize your home’s hot water supply, the attachment may offer water as hot as your water heater can produce.
It was too hot for me at 113 degrees Fahrenheit, but it’s simple to modify the bidet’s temperature to a more comfortable level.
If the idea of a hot water hose flowing along your floor is repulsive, you can choose the Tushy Classic, which lacks warm water. Alternately, you can omit the Spa’s warm water hose installation entirely.
Additionally, the Tushy Spa allows you to adjust the water pressure and nozzle location. Since both functions rely on levers, there are unlimited intensities and positions, and the maximum pressure is far greater than necessary.
It could help if you were careful not to turn it up too much.
Because there are so few features, the Tushy Spa is simple to operate and far less expensive than an electric seat. Since it is merely an attachment, it may be used with any toilet seat.
Additionally, nine color variations are available for Tushy, which is a plus.
Before Purchasing A Bidet What You Need To Consider
- There are numerous varieties of bidets available for purchase.
- Most people are interested in a bidet attachment (less than $50) or a bidet toilet seat (between $200 and $1,000) since they are quick and simple additions to an existing bathroom.
- You may purchase a stand-alone bidet for $300 to $700 or an all-in-one bidet for $1,500 to $4,000, which combines a bidet and toilet. These last two types of bidets may necessitate construction work and the employment of a plumber, so be sure to include this in your budget and planning.
- A bidet is intended to be hygienic. It is vital to control the spray’s direction and intensity to complete this operation. Even the most basic bidets must perform these functions to be effective.
- On the toilet, seemingly little comforts can make a significant difference. For instance, cleaning with ice-cold water is not a pleasant experience; if you want to make the washing procedure as enjoyable as possible, you want a little warmth in the water and maybe in the seat.
- After using a bidet, one is clean but damp. If you want to feel pampered, search for a model with an integrated drier so you may avoid using toilet paper. And while we’re talking about cleanliness, getting a bidet with a self-cleaning feature will eliminate the need for manual sanitation.
- The final elements to consider are an integrated deodorizer and light. Although neither of these elements is required, they are helpful and can improve your overall user experience.
Any Risks of Bidet Converter Kits?
- Leakage: If the kit is not installed properly, there is a risk of leakage, which can cause damage to the floor and surrounding areas.
- Poor Performance: If the kit is incompatible with your toilet or has poor-quality components, it may not perform as expected and require frequent adjustments or repairs.
- Electrical Hazards: If the kit has a heated seat or other electrical components, there is a risk of electrical shock or short circuits if the installation is not done correctly.
- Plumbing Issues: If the kit is not installed correctly, it may cause problems with the plumbing system, such as clogging or slow draining.
- Health Risks: If the nozzle is not cleaned regularly, there is a risk of bacterial buildup, which can pose a health risk to users.
It’s essential to consider these potential risks and ensure that the kit is installed correctly by a qualified professional to minimize these dangers and ensure optimal performance.
What is a bidet converter kit?
A bidet converter kit is a kit that allows you to convert your existing toilet into a bidet. The kit typically consists of a nozzle, a water supply hose, and a control valve that will enable you to adjust the water pressure and temperature. Some models may include adjustable nozzle position, adjustable water pressure, and multiple spray patterns.
Can I convert my toilet to a bidet?
Yes, you can convert your toilet to a bidet using a bidet converter kit. The process of restoring your bathroom is relatively simple and can typically be done without the help of a professional. However, choosing a bidet converter kit that is compatible with your existing toilet is essential.
Why do Westerners not use bidets?
Bidets have a long history of use in many countries worldwide but have not been as widely adopted in the Western world. This may be due to various cultural, historical, and practical factors, such as lack of familiarity, space constraints in the bathroom, and a greater focus on hygiene through toilet paper.
Is it OK to give yourself an enema with a bidet?
While it is possible to use a bidet for cleansing after a bowel movement, it is not recommended to use a bidet as an enema. Enemas are medical procedures that should only be performed under the guidance of a medical professional.
Can you add a bidet to an existing toilet?
Yes, you can add a bidet to an existing toilet using a bidet converter kit. Adding a bidet to your existing toilet is relatively simple and can typically be done without the help of a professional.
Do you still have to wipe after using a bidet?
It is recommended to pat yourself dry after using a bidet, as the bidet is designed to clean the front and back areas and not necessarily to completely dry the area. However, some high-end bidet systems may have a built-in drying feature for added comfort.
How do you upgrade a toilet to a bidet?
Upgrading your toilet to a bidet can be done by installing a bidet converter kit. Installing a bidet converter kit is relatively simple and can typically be done without the help of a professional.
Why are bidets not popular?
Bidets have a long history of use in many countries worldwide but have not been as widely adopted in some regions. This may be due to various cultural, historical, and practical factors, such as lack of familiarity, space constraints in the bathroom, and a greater focus on hygiene through toilet paper.
Why is bidet not popular in America?
Bidets have not gained widespread popularity in America for various reasons, including cultural, historical, and practical factors.
For example, the use of bidets may not be as familiar to Americans as in other countries, and space constraints in the bathroom may make it challenging to incorporate a bidet into the bathroom design.
Additionally, the emphasis on hygiene through toilet paper may also play a role in the lack of popularity of bidets in America.