Layered sweets and yogurt parfaits can also be healthful breakfast bowls served in stemmed wine glasses, juice glasses, or other glasses.
These Easter brunch parfaits are created with yogurt, apricot, crushed strawberries, and a little jam for sweetness.
Other than the jam, you don’t need any additional sugar because plain Greek yogurt is the perfect pairing for berries that have been sweetened.
If desired, prepare the fruit and yogurt layers a few hours ahead. Until ready to serve, store the parfaits in the refrigerator. Just before serving, sprinkle the granola on top to keep them crunchy.
The little glasses are simple to put together and look rather stunning. They are so easy to produce that you might wish to do them on a typical weekend.
Try This Yogurt Parfaits Recipe
Yogurt Parfaits with Apricot Glazed Berries
- Instant Pot
- steam rack
- canning jars
- canning tongs
- wire cooling rack
- medium bowl
- 3¾ cups 880 ml whole milk
- 4 teaspoons whole-milk plain
- Greek yogurt we used Fage Total; you may use any yogurt that has live and active cultures
- 2 tablespoons 40 g apricot jam
- 1 tablespoon 15 ml fresh lemon juice
- 8 ounces 225 g fresh strawberries, hulled and cut into pieces
- 6 ounces 170 g fresh blueberries
- 1 cup 113 g granola
- To make the yogurt, insert the steam rack into the Instant Pot. Add 1½ cups (350 ml) water. Divide the milk among four 8-ounce (235 ml) canning jars and place on the rack. Place the jar lids (but not the rings) on top of each jar (covering them will ensure that no condensation or steam will drip into the jars).
- Lock the lid and press [Steam] and cook for 1 minute. Use the “Natural Release” method for 5 minutes, then vent any remaining steam and open the lid.
- Using oven mitts or canning tongs, carefully transfer the jars to a wire cooling rack and remove the lids (alternatively, leave the jars in the pot and carefully remove the lids). Let the milk cool, stirring occasionally, to 115°F (46°C). This will take at least 45 minutes (and likely double for 16-ounce, or 475 ml, jars; see Note left).
- Once the milk in each jar has cooled to 115°F (46°C), spoon off and discard any skin that has formed on the top, then stir 1 teaspoon Greek yogurt into each jar. Place the jars back into the pot and cover with the lids (but not the rings). Lock the lid. Press [Yogurt] and cook for 8 hours. When it is finished, “Yogt” will appear on the display. Press [Cancel], then open the lid.
- Remove the jars and use the rings to close the jars completely. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 6 hours or overnight. 6. To make the parfaits, in a medium bowl, whisk together the jam and lemon juice. Add the strawberries and blueberries and toss to coat. 7. In glasses or bowls, layer the yogurt with the granola and glazed berries.