Soothe your eczema naturally with our homemade herbal eczema salve. Made with nourishing oils and skin-soothing herbs like chamomile and lavender, this easy-to-make salve can help relieve dryness, itching, and inflammation.
Learn how to make it yourself and enjoy the benefits of a natural eczema remedy.
Eczema is a skin condition that affects many people, causing dryness, itching, and inflammation.
While many over-the-counter creams and ointments are available to treat eczema, some people prefer to use natural remedies.
One such remedy is a herbal eczema salve, which can be made at home using a combination of nourishing oils and herbs that may help soothe and moisturize irritated skin.
In this recipe, we’ll learn how to make a simple but effective herbal eczema salve using ingredients like coconut oil, shea butter, and various herbs known for their skin-soothing properties.
Simple Recipe for a herbal eczema salve:
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup shea butter
- 1/4 cup beeswax
- 1 tablespoon calendula flowers
- 1 tablespoon chamomile flowers
- 1 tablespoon comfrey leaf
- 1 tablespoon lavender flowers
- 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil
- 10 drops of tea tree essential oil
- 10 drops of lavender essential oil
- In a double boiler or a glass bowl set over a pot of simmering water, melt the coconut oil, shea butter, and beeswax together.
- Add the calendula, chamomile, comfrey leaf, and lavender flowers to the melted mixture.
- Allow the herbs to infuse in the oil mixture for about an hour, stirring occasionally.
- Strain the mixture through a cheesecloth or fine mesh strainer and discard the herbs.
- Stir in the vitamin E oil and essential oils.
- Pour the mixture into a clean jar or tin to cool and solidify.
- Apply the salve to the affected areas of the skin as needed.
This herbal eczema salve can help soothe and moisturize dry, irritated skin and may reduce inflammation and redness. As with any new skincare product, it’s a good idea to do a patch test first to ensure you’re not allergic to any ingredients.